I met the lovely folks at York Candle Company at various craft events and after chatting a lot realised they live around the corner from us in Holgate! Well you can't get much more of a local supplier than that!
Their 100% natural soy wax candles are beautifully scented and come in these equally gorgeous copper tins. You could keep the tins or pass them back to us when they are empty.
Who are The York Candle Company?
At the York Candle Company we only use 100% natural soy wax. We do this for a number of reasons:
- Whilst slightly more expensive than paraffin wax, soy candles burn for 30 – 50% longer and so they do not have to be replaced as often.
- Soy wax candles hold fragrances better so you’ll get to enjoy the scent right to the end of the candle.
- Using soy wax candles rather than paraffin is better for the environment as they are cleaner burning with no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants and as the wax is biodegradable.
- They are much cleaner as they leave no sooty deposits, are water soluble and so any spillages can be cleaned with simply soap and water.
- Because they are a natural, renewable source they benefit agriculture.