Terms & Conditions
Happy To Help
We try to make our terms and conditions easy to understand without lots of big words and technical jargon.
However, if something isn't clear or the answer to the question you need isn't there please contact us and we will be more than happy to help.
• All of our products are packaged using recyclable or compostable materials.
• Paper bags or compostable cellulose bags will be used for 'loose' foods which we package for you.
• We aim to reuse as much packaging as possible, therefore your items may come in random boxes, please reuse these if you can or return them to us so we can.
• We may from time to time, usually if there is bad weather, deliver items in plastic bags which have been donated to us to reduce the risk of your items being damaged. We would ask for you to return these to us to use again and again.
• For courier orders we may send your items in a bag, again in times of poor weather to protect the contents. These are biodegradable, they have an active agent in them which will break them down once they reach the waste processing system. So simply put these in your usual waste bin, please reuse them if you can first.
Tracking and Damaged Items
For special delivery orders we will receive tracking codes from our courier. If your delivery is later than expected please get in touch and we will contact our courier.
Damaged or undelivered items
• If for any reason you are not happy with the condition of your items when they have been delivered to you please contact us as soon as possible via email email@example.com or by phone 07872895063
• We may ask you to take a photograph of the items as proof.
• If we are happy that the items are not in the condition believe is acceptable you will be offered a refund or replacement.
• If you have selected for your items to be couriered and they have not arrived please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07872895063. We will have proof of postage for all items so will be able to check its progress for you.
• If your order is returned to us for non-delivery/non-collection reasons we will have to charge you for re-delivery.
Monday & Wednesday - Closed
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday – Local Delivery, Shop open 10am-2pm
It would be a shame if you didn't love our products, however we understand sometimes this happens. Please read the below information about our returns policy.
• Used or opened food items are unable to be returned and refunded unless they are damaged or not to standard. This is for health and safety reasons. Please contact us at email@example.com or on 07872895063 if you are not happy with your food items.
• Non-food items must be returned within 28 days of the original order date. They must be in the condition in which they were sold e.g. not used or damaged, still with original packaging and unopened.
• Returns can be brought to our shop The Little Green Weigh, Unit 2, York Business Park, Rose Avenue, YO26 6RR. Please check opening days and times before visiting.
• Returns can also be posted to the above address, however, please contact us in advance before returning the items, , subject line - returns.
• Unfortunately, we can't refund the original postage costs or the cost to return the item to us. We advise that you receive proof of postage and have this tracked to cover you in case it doesn’t arrive.
• Once the item(s) has been received and the condition checked, a full product refund will be given within 7days.
• If you have any questions about your product or returning them please email us at
• Important: Refunds can only be credited against the payment method used to make the purchase.
Ordering, Payment & Cancellations
• We can only accept responsibility for orders made directly via www.thelittlegreenweigh.com, in store or at any events we attend. We can't take responsibility for purchases made from a third party.
• The Payment Providers we currently use are PayPal and Shopify Payments.
• We do accept cash payment in store.
• All prices on our site are in GBP and include VAT.
• Payment cards accepted: Credit cards and debit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diner's Club and EnRoute. Any payment accepted by PayPal or Shopify.
• Payment cards not accepted: Procurement and private label credit cards such as a department store credit card. Debit cards requiring a numeric password and pin-pad for entry.
• If you need to cancel an order please e-mail us as soon as possible
• If you have selected the courier option and your order has already been shipped we regret that we cannot cancel the order. Please see the returns policy for returning your order and requesting a refund
All the information we have included about our products on the website is correct to the best of our knowledge. If you believe any information is incorrect please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We state all of the ingredients of our products including allergens on each product page. This information has been provided by our suppliers and is correct to the best of our knowledge. We can’t accept responsibilities for errors where they have been supplied to us incorrectly.
If you have any concerns, queries or know something to be incorrect please get in touch with us at email@example.com
The materials used in the products we sell is really important to us. Therefore we aim to work with brands who use the highest quality materials which are kind to the environment. We will never knowingly advertise our products to be made from materials that they are not. Where products are sourced from other companies we rely on the information they provide us.
We will always try to use images which show our product colours as accurately as possible. Please note these may appear different depending on your screen settings. If you are not happy with the item once received please read our returns policy.
We keep track of the level of stock we have for all items. However, should you order something and we do not have enough stock we will contact you straight away.
If there is an item showing as 'out of stock' and you wish to purchase it, please contact us and we can advise you when it will become available.
There may be times when we restrict the amount of a product you can purchase, this may be due to limited availability or wanting to be fair to all of our customers.
Warranty/expiration date disclaimer
Any of our products which have an advised expiration date will be stated on their packaging.
Our products do not come with warranties as their longevity is dependent on how you care for and use them. If you would like any advice on how to care for your products please contact us.
If you are not happy with the quality of the products when you receive them please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please see our returns policy.
We will never ask you to give us information which we do not need to either process your order or send you information which you have previously agreed to.
If at any time you wish us to remove your information from our system you can contact us at email@example.com and we will remove any information we hold. Likewise if you wish to know at any time what information we hold you can request this from the same email address.
If you have subscribed to our mailing list and wish to unsubscribe, you can do this at any time. To do this simply click unsubscribe on any of our marketing emails or email us and we will remove your details from our system.
We will never sell your information to a third party. However, we may at times use your data for targeted marketing purposes either by sending you an email or targeted advertisements online.
It may also be necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service of the specific application, or as otherwise required by law.
Limitation of liability
As The Little Green Weigh we do not accept liability for injury or damage caused by the use of our products in a way which we have not recommended or in conjunction with other products. We advise that you take care when using our items and do not use anything which you know will bring you harm through misuse or allergic reaction.
If you do have any allergies please see our allergy & ingredients page.
The information included on our website and blogs is based on opinion only and should not be taken as fact. Precautions should always be taken, especially relating to mental or physical health, the ingestion of any items or use of products. When purchasing products or acting on any information we have shared you should ensure that it is suitable for you. Where required please see advice from a doctor.
Any information shared by any other persons on the website shall not be taken as the view of The Little Green Weigh or anyone associated with the company. We will not be responsible for any harm caused by information given by others. We will also not be held responsible for checking that any of the information they share is correct.
You should ensure that any products purchased for yourself or others are suitable for the user and that they are used in accordance with the instructions provided.
These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by The Little Green Weigh without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
Transactions through our website
All transactions through this site are subject to our terms and conditions. By using it you signify your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms were last updated on 04.07.2021. They do not affect your legal rights.
We may change these terms and conditions at any time for commercial or legal reasons. Any changes will take effect on the date that they are posted onto the site.
General terms and conditions
We do not accept amendments to these Terms and Conditions.
We do not accept orders from children (meaning persons under the age of 18 years).
You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another person without our prior written consent. We can transfer all or any part of these Terms and Conditions to another organisation, but your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
If these Terms and Conditions are terminated by either of us for any reason, neither of us will lose any rights which have already accrued.
If, at any time, we do not require you to comply with any part of these Terms and Conditions, this will not prevent us from doing so in the future.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is disallowed or held to be ineffective by any court or other competent body, the rest of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
We are required by law to tell you that sales can be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
We cannot be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations if the cause for this delay or failure is beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If you are a consumer and you do not live in England or Wales, you can choose for your local law to apply.
We do not exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents and nothing in this clause shall operate to exclude, restrict or limit this liability. We will not in any event be liable for: (a) any economic loss or damage (including loss of profit, revenue, business, contract, goodwill, or other financial loss); or (b) any indirect or consequential loss or damage which is not reasonably foreseeable as likely to occur in the ordinary course of events. Each provision of this clause operates separately. If any part is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or other competent body, the other parts will continue to apply.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Little Green Weigh its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Service Providers") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.
We currently have three delivery methods. You are welcome to choose the one which suits you. Please note that if you select an option which is not available for your address we will contact you. We also only ship to UK addresses.
Click & Collect
• Click & Collect is a free service.
• Order your goods on our website
• Select Click & Collect option at the checkout and the day you wish to collect.
• We will email you when your order is ready to collect.
• If you can't collect your order for any reason please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07872895063.
• Collect your order from our shop, The Little Green Weigh, Unit 2, York Business Park, Rose Avenue, YO26 6RR.
• We will allow 7 days from your selected collection date to collect the order. If you have not contacted us in this time to rearrange we will cancel your order and refund your money minus a £5 fee.
Local Home Delivery
• Local Home Delivery is free for orders over £10 within our local delivery area.
• For orders below £10 a £3 delivery fee is charged.
• You can check if we deliver to you by using our postcode checker on the homepage of the website or get in touch
• Delivery days are subject to change, you can see availability at the checkout.
• At the checkout you can select your preferred delivery day. We will try to honour these time slots as much as possible but this is dependent on demand and external factors outside of our control.
• If for any reason we will be unable to make your delivery we will contact you as soon as possible.
• At the checkout you can state a safe place to leave your items should you not be home. As your delivery will be in paper bags, please ensure this is somewhere covered to ensure your products do not get damaged by the rain. If there is no safe place to leave the order we will return it to our facilities. We will contact you to attempt to rearrange the delivery, if a new date for delivery is not selected your order will be refunded minus a £5 charge. If you select an alternative delivery date there may be a redelivery charge dependent on where you are.
For orders outside of our local delivery areas a courier service is available. The charge for this will depend on the weight of your items and the amount you spend. This is calculated at the checkout.
Together, we can make small simple changes to help protect the places and people we love.
Reusable, recyclable or home compostable products and packaging.
We're here to help and support you, with the everyday and the extra special.
Supporting local makers, businesses, families and the community.