Join Our Team
Fancy Joining Our Team?
We are excited to say that we need a few new members to join our team. Below we have included the key requirements for the job role, however the role may change over time as our business grows.
If you read through and it sounds like the perfect job for you, please email your CV and covering letter with information about yourself and what you think you can bring to the role to email@example.com with the subject line CV – Job Application. This is to ensure we don’t miss your application so it’s very important.
If you have any questions about the role before applying please feel free to contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively pop into the shop during opening times.
We are a zero waste shop with a passion for helping customers make small positive changes to make a big difference. For some customers it may be simply switching a toothbrush, for others it may be buying no plastic at all, turning vegan, wanting to shop locally made etc. Each customer is different, and we pride ourselves on being able to support them wherever they are on their journey.
We are looking for a few new teamies to join us, to help us grow the business and increase the number of customers we can support. We hope that any new team members coming onboard would be able to offer something different, share their passions for the environment, food and local projects. This is not your average job, it is driven by passion and a want to make positive change.
The Job Role
We are initially looking for new teamies who can cover the below hours, you do not need to be able to work all of the hours, We are hoping for individuals to work together.
Hours are subject to change as the business develops.
As we are a small team and a new business, the roles you will be required to take on can vary quite a lot! I have included a general list of day-to-day tasks we complete which you will be required to do.
• Using our computer system to access and fulfill customer orders
• Packing customer orders ready for delivery
• Taking deliveries to customers in our van
• Working within the shop serving customers when we are open to the public
• Decanting, handling and weighing food
• Managing and unpacking deliveries from our suppliers
• Maintaining inventory on our computer systems
• Keeping the shop tidy, clean and presentable
• Lifting heavy items for example 25kg bags of oats and 20l bottles of cleaning products
• Answering customer queries over the phone, in person or via social media/email.
• Maintaining extremely high standards of hygiene and cleanliness within the shop to ensure the safety of our customers. We will be happy to send you on a food hygiene course if you have not been on one before.
• Ensuring Covid restriction guidelines are followed in store by staff members and customers at all times
• Creating content for our social media pages, whether a product review, walk around of the shop, taking product photos etc.
• Finding new and exciting products to stock in the store
• Being very organised and using initiative to complete tasks without being asked.
In the future we hope to take part in community projects, host workshops and expand our reach through events. Team members will be actively encouraged to take part either during working hours or outside of normal hours. This will all be pre-agreed in advance.
Who Are We Looking For?
• A confident person who has a positive attitude towards work
• Has the ability to use their initiative about tasks which need to be completed
• Must have brilliant communication skills and be confident to serve customers without supervision
• Must have a full UK driving license and be happy to drive our van as part of the role
• Must be able to lift/move heavy items such as 25kg bags of oats.
• Have a passion for the environment and wanting to make a difference
• Be passionate about our products and be able to discuss them with customers
• Be able to work flexible hours – as a new business we can have quiet and busy periods
• Be happy to work the fixed hours given with potential to do more in the near future.
• Starting hourly rate of pay is £9.00 which will increase to £9.50 on completion of trial period.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about the role either in store, via social media or by email email@example.com
Want To Be A Click & Collect Point For Your Area?
We are on the lookout for new click and collect points where people can't currently access zero waste shops.
Perhaps you live in a small village or a big city where people struggle to get out to the shops or there just isn't a service in your area.
We would manage all customer orders through our website and drop them off at you home/business premises for customers to collect or you to deliver to them.
To say thank you for your assistance we would pay you a set fee per order.
If this sounds interesting to you then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title 'click and collect point'
Want To Open Your Own Shop?
Amazing!!! This is great news! We regularly speak with people who are looking to run their own zero waste shop but just aren't sure where to start.
If this is you, we'd love to speak about how we could get involved. Perhaps you'd like to open a Little Green Weigh in your area? Or maybe you want to open on your own but need some help.
Either way please do get in touch and we can see how you can help make zero waste shopping the norm!
Email Cat at email@example.com
Why Shop With Us
The Hassle Free Way To Reducing Waste and Supporting Small Businesses
Browse the store or use click & collect, local home delivery and courier options available
Use our postcode checker on the homepage to see if we deliver direct to you
All our packaging is reusable, recyclable or home compostable
Our community is at the heart of everything we do
We take the hassle out of planet friendly shopping
We take back your bottles and containers to reuse!