Allergens & Information
Your health is really important to us
Food safety is our biggest priority for our customers. Having allergies ourselves we understand how stressful it can be when food shopping. This is why we implement very strict food safety practices to reduce the risk of contamination as much as possible.
We follow strict guidelines when it comes to labelling product ingredients. The steps we take are outlined below to reassure you of our practices:-
- All products on the website have the full list of ingredients provided to us by the manufacturer so you can make an informed decision at point of purchase.
- Any loose items which we package for you will have a full ingredients and allergens list on a sticker.
- We record the batch numbers of products and the date we started selling it. This allows us to inform you about any food product recalls straightaway.
We are legally required to display certain allergens in product ingredient descriptions and on product labels which we package. Our policy goes further than this to help protect our customers as outlined below.
However, it must be said that although we take as many precautions as possible there is some risk of cross contamination. Although products such as nuts and gluten are stored in separate containers, they are kept within the same room.
Legally required allergens will all be in bold on our ingredients lists on our website and on products which we package for you.
- The legally required allergens are; Celery, cereals containing gluten (e.g. wheat, rye, barley and oats), crustaceans, eggs, fish, lupin, milk, molluscs, mustard, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, soya, sulphur dioxide.
- We understand that some customers may have allergies which are not included on this list. If this is you, please contact us prior to making your purchases if you are unsure of anything.
- All allergen items such as nuts, gluten etc will have their own dedicated scoops and storage tubs to reduce possibility of contamination.
- Allergen items will be stored in a separate area of our facilities where possible.
- Staff members are required to wash their hands and the areas where the foods have been handled after every order.
- If you do have any allergies please get in touch with us before placing an order and we can give you all the information we have so you can make an informed decision about your purchase. You are also welcome to come to the shop to see how we do things.
- You will be asked at checkout if anyone in your household has allergies. If 'yes', we will pack your order separately to others and in a sealed box to limit the possibility of cross contamination.